
Over the weekend, we went down to Heidelberg to see the "Schlossbeleuchtung", the lighting of the castle. There are three times every summer when the well-known Schlossbeleuchtung and fireworks display takes place – the first Saturday’s in June and September, and the second Saturday in July.The castle lighting is done in memory of the three times when the castle went up in flames (1689, 1693 and 1764). The first two times were due to wars with the French, and the last time by lighting.After the castle “burning” begins, a 15 minute fireworks display is launched from the Old Bridge.

Another shot during the Schlossbeleuchtung
Stephanie! Love the blog! ;) I will check back regularly. I have enjoyed the photos and I'm so happy for you in this new life full of love and adventure. Lucky, lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you're living it up and experiencing everything you can. Much love to you-
amy
Very cool. Love all the explanations, too.
ReplyDelete